All of the team at IMD Solicitors LLP share the same entrenched belief that in important matters we speak your language.
This ethos runs right through the firm and all staff are proud to contribute to this every day.
The Erasmus Programme
The Erasmus Programme is an EU exchange student programme that has been in existence since the late 1980s. Its purpose is to provide foreign exchange options for students from within the European Union and it involves many of the best universities and seats of learning on the continent.
It is considered a major boost to a CV if a young person has done voluntary work abroad.
Volunteering abroad gives young people a chance to gain more experience, and with foreign languages ever more important there is much to be said for adding voluntary experience to your CV.
Here at IMD Solicitors LLP we offer Erasmus opportunities throughout the year.
Our programme provides an insightful and invaluable work experience opportunity of the working life of a legal professional, within a busy and unique law firm.
The development of our people is paramount. Similarly, we aim to provide an Erasmus candidates a rich breadth of experience with the opportunity to come into contact with different areas of law first-hand and to observe various working styles and practices across the group.
What our Erasmus Programme has to offer
Length of the Programme
- Hands on experience of working as a legal practitioner within a leading law firm
- Experience within different areas of law governing different funding arrangements and other operational areas of the business
- The opportunity to observe and learn from field experts
- The opportunity to gain experience of working as part of a team
- Understand effective file management and our IT infrastructure
- Learn how we deliver renowned customer experience and client services
- Learn how to communicate and conduct yourself in a professional working environment
We offer Erasmus programmes of two or three month placements , depending on availability.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for an Erasmus opportunity with IMD Solicitors LLP, please complete the attached application form and submit this with a copy of your CV to our Practice Manager Gill Sisson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Application Form
If you are successful with your application, we will then contact you to arrange a 30 minute Skype interview.
Following the interview stage, a decision will be made within 7 days whether to offer you an Erasmus place. An offer will be subject to a completed Learning Agreement Student Mobility for Traineeships document.
Good luck and thank you for expressing an interesting in applying for the Erasmus Programme.